Farm Insurance Do I need it?

For some folks, farm insurance is a no-brainer. But what if you’re not sure?  What if you live on a farm, own a hobby farm, or lease somebody else’s land? Have you considered getting the proper coverage? 

Owner-occupantof an Operating Farm

How do I insure a way of life?

You’ve toughed it out through another wet year. Mother Nature dropped buckets of rain on your fields, and it left you wondering how this harvest is going to be profitable. You’ve lost money battling all that moisture: draining farmland, fighting diseased crops as well as leached nutrients. You finally get a dry couple of days and time to harvest, but you are already calculating how much money it will cost to dry your crops artificially. Artificially drying your crops decreases its market value.

As much as we wish for perfect weather during growing season, Mother Nature always seems to have a change in plans. Hanlin Insurance offers ways to insure your crops once they have been harvested. Peak Season coverage is the best way to ensure that your way of life is properly covered while you wait for the best time to cash in your harvest.

Hobby Farms

You have a regular daytime job from nine-to-five. You have a couple of hogs and a goat out back in an old barn for your kids’ 4-H projects to take to the local county fair. You have several other barns on your property that have unused pens and extra supplies to keep the property nice and tidy. One barn even has enough space to park your truck! But I am not a farmer; I am just trying to keep my kids’ 4-H projects healthy, so they can bring home that purple banner that they have worked so hard for! Sure, I have a well-maintained garden with a variety of healthy homegrown veggies, and my wife has her small flock of hens for fresh eggs, but that doesn’t mean I need farm insurance or does it?

You certainly sound like the perfect candidate for a farm policy! Maintaining those animals and miscellaneous outbuildings and barns, as well as your own home, makes you eligible for farm insurance.

Farmers that Lease Land    

You don’t own the land, but you farm it. You have rented this property for years, you’ve even moved your family into the creaky old farmhouse. These 200 acres of land are your means of survival; you are your own boss! Mother Nature is your greatest friend and most relentless foe. You may think the landowner carries the correct farm insurance that you need in case of any catastrophic event that may take place on the property. Hanlin Insurance can help farmers that lease land to be properly covered. Contact our team of agents to make sure you have the proper coverage.

Farm Insurance

I need coverage!

Whether you harvest crops or raise 4-H projects, our experienced agents know that no farmer is the same. It doesn’t matter if you have 1 acre or 1,000.  We can help get the proper coverages that you need. Here at Hanlin, we are here for you our clients. Stop in today and see what we can do for you! 

Share this!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.